Thread: A flake to avoid on ebay

Default A flake to avoid on ebay

Just finished an agonizing transaction with maxxdoo.

Auction finished on 23 Oct and paid a day later.

Waited a week, nothing.

One more week. Still nothing. Sent email asking for shipping info. No response.

2 days later. Sent another email requesting shipping info. Nada. Sent another email via Outlook requesting date/time read. Nothing!

Couple of more emails just to see if he was having a bad couple of weeks. ZIP!

Finally started a transaction dispute and got paypal involved. User finally went to the post office and mailed item on 7 Nov. Received 9 Nov.

Left neutral response because the item was good, but his handling of the transaction was pitiful.

Received retaliatory negative feedback from this guy! WTF??????????????

So, if you can, avoid this guy like the plague!!!

Curtis

p.s. Hey Erik, maybe we should have a forum for deadbeat ebay'ers since this is becoming the primary method for collectors to obtain stuff! Hopefully, I won't be in it...
    Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read! Groucho Marx

Curtis McCain

http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/curtismc

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    p.s. Hey Erik, maybe we should have a forum for deadbeat ebay'ers since this is becoming the primary method for collectors to obtain stuff! Hopefully, I won't be in it...
    I'm not sure a dedicated forum is needed, but adding to this thread would work - for now, at least.

Anyone else know of any deadbeats?

Please only post about transactions that you were directly involved in and only post the facts. No need to get personal or to risk libel.

3. Default

Let's not turn this into a rant thread. If you have somebody specific that you'd like to point out, do so in a clearly written an non-libelous paragraph. Otherwise, let's not all chip on how bad buyers/sellers on eBay can be.

Edit:

Since this thread is now sticky and it will persist, to keep it readable I'm going to prune anything that looks like ranting. Feel free to post your factual story about eBay morons, but don't editorialize too much.
    Last edited by mbbrutman; November 11th, 2006 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Picked one of these up on ebay. Yes, maxxdoo FINALLY sent it after threatening action.

Anyway, installed it in my Amiga 500 and hooked up a VGA monitor. No joy.

I'm assuming I need some driver software to enable this. Yes/No?

Can someone help me out here? I don't have an Amiga hooked up to the internet, so probably the best thing would be snail mail. I'm in Burleson, Tx and would be willing to cover costs.

OS is Workbench 1.3 Motherboard rev is 6A.

Curtis
    You too eh? I joined here just to share my expeience with you.

I bought mine off maxdoo on Oct 1, 2006. I had nothing as of the end of Oct.

I had to actually start the claims process on PayPal before he even shipped the thing on Nov 6, 2006.

Mine just arrived an hour ago. Now I'm gung-ho to get home and try this thing. My precious 1084s blew up two days after I hooked my A500 back up in Sept. It was either spend the money on this thing or get the monitor fixed.

It will be nice to use the A500 on a VGA monitor. I also got lucky in that a friend of mine just gave me his old PC speakers so I have sound taken care of too.

Amiga Forever!!! lol.....

Just ran a check to see if mr. maxxdoo was doing anything on ebay and discovered he's no longer a registered user.

Wonder if it was his idea to give it up or if he was "invited" off by ebay???

Curtis
    Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read! Groucho Marx

Curtis McCain

http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/curtismc